Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Beautiful October Day in the Bee Garden


It's the middle of October, the sun is shining, it's 15 C and the bees are loving it.  The girls were very active in the garden today collecting pollen.  A number of plants are still in bloom but a particular favorite of the bees at this time of year is Japanese Anemone.  They come in pink and white and bloom from the end of August through October.


I was going to feed the girls some syrup today but instead put out a frame we had extracted honey from.  Still lots left for the girls to snack on and not a single wasp to be seen.  


I've finished my prototype moisture quilt insulated hive cover (waiting for my patent).  In my next post I will show you how I made it.  Theoretically it should work but I build a lot of things and more than half are just amusing.  Heh, what's better than being amused.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget